At Goughs we have considerable experience in dealing with legal issues arising from the breakdown of relationships involving serving or former military personnel, their families, reservists, and current or former Ministry of Defence personnel.
As part of our commitment to the Armed Forces community, we offer all members of the armed forces and veterans, spouses, reservists and MOD personnel:
- An initial appointment free of charge, face-to-face, by video call or by telephone, at a date and time convenient to you.
- A discount of 10% on all Goughs’ fees for work done on your behalf
- Fixed fees for some areas of work.
- Complete transparency and clarity on all our fees.
Our family law team – one of the largest in the southern England – has an unrivalled breadth and depth of skills and expertise in specialist areas. We deal daily with divorce, separation, resolving financial and property disputes between married and unmarried couples, children issues, nuptial agreements, cohabitation contracts, domestic abuse and injunctions.
We offer a wide range of highly effective approaches to resolve these issues, including collaborative practice, access to arbitration and represented mediation, round-table meetings – and, where necessary, court proceedings.
We have the expertise and technical knowledge necessary to give you the best advice about how to protect your position, which is so important when addressing the particular needs and challenges facing military families.
For an overview of some topics that may be of interest, please click the sections below for more information:
- Instructing a solicitor from abroad
- Armed forces pensions on divorce
- Child contact issues for military families