Myofascial pain is a chronic pain condition, where pain is located in trigger points, which can then cause widespread and debilitating pain in other areas of your body known as "referred pain". The pain can worsen over time and sadly there is no cure.
Myofascial pain is widely misunderstood. In some cases it can develop into fibromyalgia.
Your doctor may recommend medication, physiotherapy, gentle stretching, mindfulness, cognitive behavioural therapy and ultrasound.
Whilst there are options available, treatment or therapy only really serve to help you manage your daily life, rather than allow you to live a full and outgoing life.
With such a life changing condition many people are no longer able to work and need help at home. Most days are spent trying to get through the day and doing basic tasks that many of us take for granted.
If you suffer from myofascial pain and this has been as a result of an injury contact our specialist pain lawyers today. We know which medical experts you need to bring a claim for compensation.
What can we do to help?
At Goughs our experienced and specialist pain lawyers will first have to establish liability against the persons responsible and subject to an admission of liability and suitable insurance we will:
- Look to secure interim payments to offset financial hardship.
- Where appropriate arrange an immediate needs assessment via specialist rehab agencies funded by the defendant's insurers.
- Where appropriate arrange a case conference with a specialist barrister to plan the gathering of evidence and to look to fully understand your circumstances.
- Secure the best medical advice from a range of experts including pain management consultants, orthopaedic experts, psychiatrists/psychologists, care/occupational therapists and forensic accountants.
- Prepare detailed witness statements of all affected parties and prepare a detailed schedule of financial losses both past and future.
If you already have instructed a lawyer to act on your behalf we can also help. Perhaps they are not very supportive or you feel they are not asking the right questions.
If your lawyer does not have the knowledge of your condition or doesn't fully understand your long term needs, contact us, because we do.
Our client’s report that our input has been life changing and made such a difference to the outcome of their claim.
It is important that you engage a specialist pain lawyer because chronic pain requires specialist knowledge and understanding.
Why choose Goughs?
At Goughs our specialist chronic pain lawyers can help you understand your condition and will always seek the opinion of top medical experts and leading barristers to reinforce your claim.
This approach allows us to strongly put together your case, helping you feel secure in the knowledge that we are in the best possible position to try to secure compensation that will assist you for the rest of your life.
If you have any questions or feel that you may be experiencing Myofascial pain as a result of an accident or injury please do get in touch
We encourage you to take advantage of our free initial consultation and to meet with us to discuss your claim on a no win no fee basis.
We can meet you anywhere in England and Wales and we always take the time to really understand what you are going through and how we can help.
We listen, we advise, we are here for you.