Did you know that even if you have already instructed a lawyer to assist with your claim that you can choose to instruct another lawyer even after your claim has started?
Many of our clients come to us when they already have instructed a solicitor. If you would like to instruct us to take over your claim we encourage you to arrange your free initial consultation today.
We will initially discuss your case with you and assess whether all the necessary steps have been taken by your current solicitor and if we can offer a no win no fee agreement, we will.
If we do agree to take over your case we will handle the transfer and will arrange the necessary funding/insurance.
Conditional Fee Agreement
Just because you have entered into a conditional fee agreement (no win no fee agreement) it does not mean you are tied to your current solicitor. We can offer a no win no fee agreement, which will allow your claim to continue with limited delay.
We will read through your file of papers and familiarise ourselves with what has happened so far. We will then meet to agree a plan of action and secure a barrister.
What can we do to help?
At Goughs our experienced specialist chronic pain lawyers will first have to establish liability against the persons responsible and subject to an admission of liability and suitable insurance we will:
- Look to secure interim payments to offset financial hardship.
- Where appropriate arrange an immediate needs assessment via specialist rehab agencies funded by the defendant's insurers.
- Where appropriate arrange a case conference with a specialist barrister to plan the gathering of evidence and to look to fully understand your circumstances.
- Secure the best medical advice from a range of experts including pain management consultants, orthopaedic experts, psychiatrists/psychologists, care/occupational therapists and forensic accountants.
- Prepare detailed witness statements of all affected parties and prepare a detailed schedule of financial losses both past and future.
If you have legal expenses insurance, for example with a home insurance policy, you have the right to choose your solicitor and case law exists which states that they cannot refuse your decision to move solicitors to one of your choosing.
So, if you do choose to move it is an simple, easy process.
Our clients are often relieved when they have instructed us because they finally feel someone is listening and they are in safe hands.
If you are thinking of changing your solicitor or would like some advice on how best to approach this please do get in touch.
We are more than happy to discuss your claim on a no win no fee basis and offer a free initial consultation and will meet you anywhere in England and Wales.
We listen, we advise, we are here for you.