Our Residential Property team are experts in dealing with all aspects of residential property, including buying and selling your home, remortgaging, transferring title between co-owners, buy-to-let, tenancies, and equity release.
As part of our commitment to the Armed Forces community, we offer all members of the armed forces and veterans, spouses, reservists and MOD personnel:
- An initial appointment free of charge, face-to-face, by video call or by telephone, at a date and time convenient to you.
- A discount of 10% on all Goughs’ fees .
- Fixed fees for some areas of work
- Complete transparency and clarity on all our fees.
The Forces Help to Buy Scheme (FHTB) can be a considerable benefit to service personnel. It enables you to borrow a percentage of your salary, up to a maximum loan amount of £25,000.
The loan is interest free, does not have to be secured against your property by way of a charge (unlike a commercial mortgage), and can be used for the purchase of your first home, if you move to another property on assignment, or indeed as your needs change. It is currently a pilot scheme. Its aim is to address the low rate of home ownership in the forces.
To qualify for the Forces Help to Buy Scheme there are certain criteria which will need to be meet, in that you must:-
- Have completed the pre-requisite length of service
- Have more than 6 months left to serve at the time you apply
- Meet the relevant medical criteria
The loan is repayable by monthly instalments over 10 years, provided that each monthly payment is met. The monies will be repayable through your service pay or settlement payment.