As part of this commitment, we offer all members of the armed forces and veterans, spouses, reservists and MoD personnel:
- An initial appointment free of charge, face-to-face or by telephone, at a date and time convenient to you, if necessary outside business hours
- A discount of 10% on all Goughs’ fees for work done on your behalf
- Fixed fees for some areas of work
- Complete transparency and clarity on all fees.
More importantly, we provide expertise in areas of law relevant to your needs, so that you can have complete confidence that you are in safe hands.
Areas of focus – our Armed Forces expertise includes:
• Family law for military families - especially Service pensions on divorce, protecting assets in nuptial agreements, and resolving disputes in relation to children
• Wills, lasting powers of attorney and estate planning – to ensure that your wishes are followed during your lifetime and after your death
• Residential and investment property – we have particular expertise in the Forces Help to Buy scheme and advising landlords and other property owners
• Personal injury and medical negligence – from road traffic accidents and public liability claims to accidents at work and medical errors
• Business law and advice including startups and disputes – particularly relevant if you’re leaving Service and have big plans for the next stage in your life, or if you need expert guidance with buy-to-let properties, tenancies or other commercial matters
Our Armed Forces clients aren’t limited to Wiltshire. We also act for people all over the country and abroad.
Our commitment to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant means that we invite and welcome feedback from the Service community, and our clients, on how we are fulfilling our pledge.
We’d be delighted to hear from you, and always welcome enquiries or suggestions about how we can improve that commitment.