Rebecca joined Goughs in 2014 having previously spent 15 years at two major law firms in London and Leeds where she advised on construction and development projects in a variety of sectors including housing, airports, town centre regeneration, schools, hospitals, care homes, hotels and offices.
Rebecca advises on all aspects of property and construction for private individuals, developers, registered social landlords, farmers and small companies through to PLCs.
She specialises in commercial property including purchases, disposals and landlord and tenant work; the buying and selling of agricultural land, farms and equestrian properties; residential development, construction, building refurbishment and fit-out works.
Recent cases Rebecca has been involved in include:
Rebecca is also the secretary for the Wiltshire Historic Buildings Trust and is involved in the preservation of local historic buildings.
- Acting for Wiltshire Air Ambulance on the construction aspects of their new air base at Semington
- Acting for a developer in relation to the construction of a 170 housing development scheme
- Acting for a PLC food company in a recent expansion of their factory in Devizes
- Acting for a landlord company in the letting of two units on Bumpers Farm with a rental income of approximately £400,000
- Acting for Aster in their land disposals
- Acting for a local farmer in the sale of 169 acres of agricultural land
Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Epsom in Surrey before moving to Lincolnshire and then Yorkshire as a teenager
What was your first job?
Working on the check outs for Tesco
What are your hobbies?
Running around after my twin boys, competing in eventing and dressage on my horse, walking my two dogs
What is your favourite food?
Curry and Thai food
What is your favourite drink?
What is your favourite film?
I am a big Brad Pitt fan so Thelma and Louise, Legends of the Fall and Fight Club
What is your favourite group/artist?
Spandau Ballet but I love all 80s music
What is your favourite book?
I love a good crime thriller or autobiography
Animals, the countryside, foreign travel to far flung places in Asia, Africa and South America and good food with family and friends
Streets full of litter
Any personal ambitions?
To qualify for Badminton Horse Trials (in the amateurs section)