Patrick joined Goughs in 2018 as Partner in the Commercial department and is also head of the firm’s Property Investment Sector.
Patrick qualified as a solicitor at City firm Macfarlanes in 1997 before relocating to the West Country in 2001. After stints at Burges Salmon and Thrings, Patrick took a sabbatical to travel in 2006. After returning to the law with East Anglian firm Birketts, Patrick moved back to Bath in 2010 to run a commercial team in a Bath firm.
Patrick specialises in a wide range of transactional commercial work encompassing commercial property, corporate and commercial contracts, including:-
- Commercial landlord and tenant work.
- Sales and acquisitions of commercial property.
- Pension scheme transactions (SIPPs and SSAS’s).
- Property development, strategic land, option and overage transactions.
- Business sales and acquisitions, including asset and share transactions.
- Corporate and general commercial matters.
Where did you grow up?
What was your first job?
Barman at the Kings Head, Beccles.
What are your hobbies?
Birdwatching, the guitar, cycling and skiing.
What is your favourite food?
Fresh from the sea lobster, with lemon and mayonnaise.
What is your favourite drink?
A good single malt.
What is your favourite film?
The Big Lebowski.
What is your favourite group/artist?
What is your favourite book?
A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh.
Cloudless days in the Alps, uncontrollable laughter and seeing my team win at Carrow Road.
Anything involving queues, even if it’s queuing for my “likes”.
Any personal ambitions?
To be published as a writer.