Having passed his ‘A’ levels, Nick went straight into the law. After working for another local firm, Nick joined Goughs in 1978 and as a Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer is now a member of the Dispute Resolution and Litigation team. Nick is also a member of the Armed Forces sector team.
Nick deals with contentious conveyancing, acting mainly for property owners and residential landlords, as well as for businesses and company clients.
Nick specialises in resolving boundary and other disputes between neighbours and private owners, assisting residential landlords with their tenancies, shareholders in dispute, creating and enforcing secured finance agreements and guarantees, as well as wider aspects of credit control and debt recovery, including bankruptcy and insolvency.
Recent cases Nick has been involved in include:
- Resolving disputes between neighbours over re-alignment of boundaries, fences and walls
- Acting for institutional lenders and completing a series of high-value commercial loans
- Numerous possession cases and money claims for landlords against residential tenants
- Advising shareholders and directors about corporate governance and good practice
- Acting for investors in a company and recovering their losses from professional advisers
- Acting for a local landowner in a three-day Planning Inquiry
Outside work, Nick is a member of the independent England Rugby judiciary and sits on disciplinary panels throughout the south-west.
Nick is also the Secretary of Devizes Rugby Club but enjoys most of all being grandad to Sophia as well.
As he works for them, my son tells me I like anyone signed to Warner Records, such as: Muse; Enya; Katherin Jenkins; Michael Buble and (previously) Seasick Steve